Today, the lead developer behind Action Launcher, Chris Lacy, announced the release of a new update to its popular launcher application — Action Launcher v26. As always, the new update packs in a plethora of new features including support for Google Now integration and many Android O-based features.
Nova Launcher added Google Now integration last month and now you can enjoy the same functionality on the Action Launcher, too. However, in order to get the feature working, you will need to install the Action Launcher Google Plugin app alongside the main application. Once installed, you can access your Google Now feed by simply swiping left on the home screen –just like you would do on the Google Now launcher.
The new update also brings in many of the popular Android O features such as Android O-style App Shortcuts, Notification Dots, animated clock icon, custom widgets and more.
Action Launcher v26 sees support for Unread Count badges, previously only available in the beta version, extending to all applications and users can now granularly control which apps they want to display badges for. Not only that, you can now also view a small preview of app’s notifications just by long pressing the app icon, without actually opening the app or pulling down the notification shade.
Additionally, the new update also makes it easier to add app widgets; with the new Android O style widget picker, long pressing an app icon now displays a quick shortcut that shows all relevant widgets for a given app.
Here is the full changelog for Action Launcher v26:
- NEW: Google Now integration for all! Requires installation of the Action Launcher Google Plugin application.
NEW: Full Notification Dots support!
- NEW: Long-pressing an shortcut will display a preview of app’s notifications and allow notifications to be dismissed ala Android O. Available when using either Notification Dots or Unread Count.
- NEW: Unread Count support extended to all apps that have a current notification.
- NEW: Android O style App Shortcuts panel.
- NEW: Allow granular control as to which apps display Notification Dots/Unread Count.
- NEW: Android O style widget picker, which displays all relevant widgets for a given shortcut.
- NEW: Directly engage Action Launcher’s Quickedit panel via a shortcut’s long-press popup UI.
- NEW: Dedicated “Icons & App Shortcuts” settings page, which is home to all icon related settings.
- NEW: When Google Pill widget is on the left screen edge and Google Now integration is enabled, display a tinted edge background as per Pixel Launcher.
- NEW: Option to adjust the scale of icon indicators.
- NEW: Revamped interface for selecting the apps that are hidden from app drawers.