The increased popularity of the Battle Royale genre of shooting games can be credited to Fortnite and PUBG, but a fair amount of credit also goes to Call of Duty, the game that contributed to the popularity of shooting games. Every Call of Duty game is massively anticipated on PC as well as consoles, and its publishers, Activision, are now hoping to tap into the mobile segment to emulate the success of PUBG Mobile and Fortnite Mobile.
Activision has teamed up with Tencent Games to release Call of Duty: Legends of War, it’s newest first person shooter for the Android platform. The game combines the familiarity of the Call of Duty universe and brings it over to Android in a game that would certainly grab the attention of fans of the fps genre.
The game features multiplayer (with game modes like Free4All, Search & Destroy, Team Deathmatch and Frontline) as well as a zombie mode, so you can go against humans or practice your hands with some bots. You can play as iconic Call of Duty characters like Price, Ghost and others, and like all other free-to-play games, you can customize your character and weapons using the in-game currency which can be earned (read: grinded) by playing through the game, or can be purchased through real world cash.
Call of Duty: Legends of War has just been soft launched in Australia. Maps available on launch include Nuketown, Killhouse, Hijacked, Crossfire, Standoff and Crash. IAP options are not yet live within the app, but we expect them to make their way into the game once it is available globally.
Download – Call of Duty: Legends of War
If you’re looking to play the game before its global release, you can follow along the steps mentioned below to have it running on your Android device:
• Download the apk file from APKMirror.
• Install the apk onto your phone.
• Start the installed game. The game will sit at the initial loading screen.
• Exit the game. You can also force stop the app to ensure that the game process has been killed.
• Download the additional OBB file (~1.06 GB) onto your phone.
• Extract the OBB file to /Android/obb/com.activision.callofduty.shooter. Ensure that the OBB file (main.156.com.activision.callofduty.shooter.obb) sits within the com.activision.callofduty.shooter folder.
• Start the game again. Enjoy!
Want more posts like this delivered to your inbox? Enter your email to be subscribed to our newsletter.