This function pack allows you to play the mini-game Minecraft Manhunt on the bedrock edition of Minecraft. It adds a compass that has the power to point in the direction of the “runner” in the overworld. The game is highly customizable in the way that you really make up the rules, whether the runner starts with iron, gets a head-start, hunters get diamond, etc. This is a great game to play with your friends if you crave a little bit of friendly rivalry to prove who is the best at Minecraft.
How to Play
As of now, there are two ways to set up the game. Random Runner, or Manual Pick, you can switch between these two when adding the pack to the world.
Random Runner is the default choice and is the easiest and fastest to get up and running. If you use Random Runner first make sure all players that will be participating join the world, adding hunters once the game has begun doesn’t really work that well. Next use the command:
And you’re good to go! Of the players online on the world, one will be selected to be the runner. (They will be the only one that does not receive a compass)
Manual Pick is the option for you if you have a specific person in mind that you would want to be the runner. You can select the Manual option when you are adding the pack to a world. If you are using the Manual option make sure you have all participating players on the world. Next use the commands:
/tag playername add runner (change “playername” to the name of the player)
in that order. Once that is done the player that you selected should be the only player without a compass.
Additionally, if you would like a bit of a head start you can run the function:
It will spread the players out in around a 100 block radius. The runner won’t be alone, but there will be a chunk of distance between all players,
Having multiple runners is NOT currently supported.
Credit to Dream and Georgenotfound for the idea for this addon as this is basically a bedrock edition port from the original java edition plugin.
I have no problem with people using my pack in YouTube videos or any other projects, just make sure you credit me for the making of this pack. Don’t claim this as your own work and upload it to another site. If you need help or have a problem I will reply fastest on my discord: Sithlocks#8494 but I do answer comments to the best of my ability
- Gives Hunter(s) 7 compasses on respawn and on start
- Re-using worlds or using the Random Runner version multiple times on the same world has been found to cause a variety of glitches
- Fixed lag on some lower end devices
- Improved scatter function
- fixed bug resulting when breaking the hunters’ bed sending them directly to the runner.
- Added MediaFire link
- Improved Stability
- Added Random Runner Option
- Start time is faster and easier than before
- Error occurring with manifest was fixed
- Updated compatibility for 1.13
- Fixed Download link
- A direct download for the pack was added for verification
- Improved compass-giving function to give compass on death instead of making 8th hotbar slot unusable