The OnePlus 8T launched about a month ago, and so far the company has been doing a decent job keeping it updated. With multiple updates to OxygenOS 11 till now, a number of fixes have been added. In fact, the phone has just received a minor hotfix update that bumps up the OxygenOS version to 18.104.22.168.
OnePlus mentions that this update is aimed at fixing an NFC related issue along with improving call stability. You can read the whole changelog below, which seems to be pretty much identical to the last stable build (except for those two fixes). Unfortunately, the new build does not increment the security patch level for the device, so the OnePlus 8T still remains on the October 2020 security patches.
- Optimized the call stability
- Improved system power consumption performance to reduce heating
- Improved mis-touch prevention to offer better gaming experience
- Optimized fluidity with some mainstream games to reduce lagging risks
- Optimized user experience with Alert Slider by adding toast messages when switching among the 3 modes
- Fixed the issue that the status bar kept hovering on the screen in landscape mode
- Fixed the issue that NFC cannot be turned on in a small probability
- Optimized the imaging effect to bring you with better shooting experience
- Improved camera stability
- Optimized mobile network connection to improve the network intensity with signal
- Fixed the small probability issue with network interruption while playing games
If you were on the last public release of OxygenOS, the update will be just 105MB for you. Do note that the OTA is only being released for the Indian variant of the OnePlus 8T at the moment, but the company has confirmed that the European and North American models should follow soon after.
Download: OxygenOS 22.214.171.124 for the OnePlus 8T
The update is rolling out in waves, so you will have to wait for it to reach your device. In case you want to sideload the build now, you can find download links for both the incremental update as well as the full ROM listed below. We will update the article with the links for other variants as soon as we get our hands on it.
Thanks to XDA Senior Member Some_Random_Username for the download links!