You read that right. One of the very first bosses that you’ll encounter in Terraria, the Eye of Cthulhu, is now in Bedrock! Fight Demon Eyes, grab some lens, and get ready for a 2-form boss fight!
This is my own version of the boss, complete with a pop-up message when spawning, sounds, 2 forms, and it also spawns Servants of Cthulhu! Only thing missing is the spin animation, other than that it’s functional! Another addition to the TerraCraft project!
Be sure to turn on EXPERIMENTAL GAMEPLAY to avoid bugs!
Also be sure to check the bottom part for updates and fixes!
To use this updated version, delete the old one first before you click on the .mcaddon file. You can also find your world in the “minecraftWorlds” folder, find the behavior and resource packs, and delete the old version. Then install this updated version. Good luck!
Again before trying out this add-on, turn on EXPERIMENTAL GAMEPLAY to avoid bugs!
The Eye of Cthulhu is a giant eyeball boss in Terraria that either spawns during the night or is spawned manually, and is one of the first bosses you’ll ever encounter in the game. Now ported to Bedrock, some changes were made to give it a better feel for Minecraft (unless you want to fight a 2800 hp boss).
Some new items were added into the game, such as lesser healing potions and lens. The potions will heal you for a small amount, while the lens you’ll need to get the Suspicious Looking Eye, which is how you can spawn the Eye of Cthulhu.
You can buy lesser healing potions from the wandering trader for 7 emeralds. As for the Suspicious Looking Eye, he will only trade it for lens, which are dropped by Demon Eyes.
Demon Eyes are hostile, flying enemies that spawn during the night. Once they see a player, they speed up and start flying towards you. They are weak in hp and damage but can be annoying, so be sure to deal with them before anything else. They drop emeralds and lens as rewards, and you’ll need 6 lens to trade with the wandering trader and get the boss spawn.
Once you have 6 lens, you can now trade and get the spawn. Simply click on the ground holding the spawn, like you’re using a spawn egg, then the Eye of Cthulhu spawns shortly after, you can tell by the roar and pop-up message at the top left.
Eye of Cthulhu
The Eye of Cthulhu has 2 forms, and both forms can fly and pass through blocks. It is also completely immune to knockback so keep that in mind.
During the first form, its behavior is similar to that of a phantom, but is more aggressive: it flies around the player and eventually charges at you, but stops when you hit if first. During this form it will also keep spawning Servants of Cthulhu, much weaker variants of Demon Eyes.
When the Eye of Cthulhu reaches 50% health, it explodes and transforms to its second form, turning its iris into teeth. In this form it no longer spawns Servants of Cthulhu, but is slightly stronger and faster. When defeated, a pop-up message shows up at the top left saying Eye of Cthulhu has been defeated. At the moment it drops emeralds, iron and gold as loot, along with lesser healing potions and more lens.
Below is a small showcase of the add-on.
NOTE: This was recorded BEFORE I added the Servants of Cthulhu. I added them afterwards don’t worry.
Wandering Eyes have now been added!
Wandering Eyes are flying mobs that act similarly to Demon Eyes and the Eye of Cthulhu; they move and attack like Demon Eyes, and after reaching half health, will transform into its second form, much like the Eye of Cthulhu. In their second form they are slightly faster, but have the same stats.
These flying mobs are slightly bigger than Demon Eyes, and will only spawn in HARD mode, as they are far more dangerous. Don’t go out at night unprepared!
1. Demon Eyes and Servants of Cthulhu burn in daylight.
2. The Eye of Cthulhu can pass through blocks. Once spawned, hiding is no option as it can keep chasing you.
3. Killing the first form of the Eye of Cthulhu also despawns every Servant of Cthulhu.
4. Though an easy boss even without armor, it’s better if you have some type of armor as the second form can kill you in 2 hits. Other than that it’s really a fairly easy boss to fight.
5. When fighting with melee, move backwards while swinging so it doesn’t reach you and attack you.
6. Wandering Eyes only spawn naturally in Hard mode.
*Changed the lens requirement from 8 to 6
*Added Wandering Eyes
*Changed model of Demon Eyes
1. Click the link. Be sure to read and follow ALL instructions below so you don’t mess up!
2. Complete the captcha.
3. You want to scroll down until you see the mediafire logo, along with the buttons “Direct Access with Premium” and “Free Access” right below. Click the FREE ACCESS button.
4. Click the “Discover interesting articles” button.
5. YOU DO NOT NEED TO READ AN ARTICLE, just click the X at the top right.
6. It will make you wait for a few seconds, once done click the X again.
7. The “Continue” button below should be active, click that and it should bring you to mediafire.
8. After downloading the file, just tap it and Minecraft should open and automatically install both packs.
9. If that doesn’t work, you can rename all .mcaddon files to .zip files then manually put the packs in the right folders (resource to resource_packs, behavior to behavior_packs).
And you’re done! I’ve only tested this on Android, but you can try on other devices. Otherwise, visit my FB page for feedback and suggestions. I am much more active on the FB page, so message me there. Click on my profile to find my page.
You can use this add-on the way you want, even use some data as reference, just be sure to mention me and credit me.