OnePlus launched the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro in Europe, India, and the U.S. last month. While reviewers, including us, have praised the devices for their hardware (the pricing is a different story), we’ve noted that there have been some reports of display issues and other bugs. OnePlus has issued two updates so far to fix bugs and other issues, and today, the company started widely rolling out another update to address even more issues.
For the 8, the company rolled out OxygenOS 10.5.4 for EU models and OxygenOS 10.5.5 for Indian and International models. For the 8 Pro, OnePlus rolled out OxygenOS 10.5.6 for EU, Indian, and International models. We have the changelog and most of the download links below.
OxygenOS 10.5.4 (8/EU), 10.5.5 (8/IN/Int.), 10.5.6 (8 Pro EU/IN/Int.) Changelog
- Fixed known issues and improved system stability
- Refined the dirt detection capability to be more accurate than ever
- Improved the camera’s shooting experience with the front camera
- Improved the stability
- Network (International)
- Communication stability further enhanced
As you can see, the changelog isn’t very extensive. The only refinement that tells us exactly what has been changed is to the dirt detection capability. When there’s dirt on the camera lens, the camera app will alert you to clean the camera. This detection has apparently been improved to be “more accurate than ever.”
OxygenOS 10.5.X download links
You can download the latest OxygenOS stable updates using one of the following download links. Simply download the .zip file, move it to the root of your internal storage using a file manager, then launch the “local upgrade” feature in the system updater.
- OnePlus 8
- Europe (IN21BA) – OxygenOS 10.5.4
- International (IN21AA) – OxygenOS 10.5.5
- India (IN21DA) – OxygenOS 10.5.5
- OnePlus 8 Pro
- Europe (IN11BA) – OxygenOS 10.5.6
- International (IN11AA) – OxygenOS 10.5.6
- India (IN11DA) – OxygenOS 10.5.6
Thanks to XDA Senior Member Some_Random_Username for the download links!
Want more posts like this delivered to your inbox? Enter your email to be subscribed to our newsletter.