The Pixel 4a has been in the news a lot lately and we’ve been expecting an announcement to come soon. Rumors from earlier this month pointed at a June launch to coincide with the Android 11 Beta Launch Show. Unfortunately, it’s sounding more and more like we’ll be waiting a bit longer. New reports are claiming the Pixel 4a will launch in July.
The new information has been shared by Jon Prosser of Front Page Tech and David Ruddock of Android Police. Prosser claims the announcement is planned for July 13th, but Ruddock says there’s no exact timeframe. Either way, the device seems to have been delayed again.
Ruddock speculates about why that might be, saying if Google is really ditching the 64GB model for the US, manufacturing would have to be adjusted, causing delays (especially right now). Prosser mentions Just Black and Barely Blue as the two color options, the latter was previously rumored. He also reiterates that there will not be a 5G model or an XL variant. All of this lines up with previously rumored information.
At this point, we know a lot about the Pixel 4a. It’s really just a matter of the device officially going up for sale. The latest reports claim there will not be Active Edge on the Pixel 4a. The rumored price of $349 is also beginning to get more evidence. We’ve even seen the device compared to other Pixel phones in a performance test and camera review.
Rumored Google Pixel 4a Specifications
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 730
- GPU: Adreno 618
- RAM: 6GB
- Internal storage: 64GB(?), 128GB UFS 2.1
- Display: Single hole-punch 5.81-inch display, 2,340 x 1,080 resolution, 443 dpi, 60Hz refresh rate
- Rear camera: 12.2 MP Sony IMX363, f/1.73 aperture, 1.4µm pixels, OIS, EIS, LED flash, 4K video recording, Autofocus
- Front camera: 8.0 MP Sony IMX355, f/2.0 aperture, 1.14µm pixels, EIS, Fixed focus
- Connectivity: 4G, Dual SIM, GPS, WiFi 5, Bluetooth, GLONASS
- Ports: USB Type-C, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Security: Rear fingerprint sensor
- Battery: 3,080 mAh
- Software: Android 10
Want more posts like this delivered to your inbox? Enter your email to be subscribed to our newsletter.